Friday, July 9, 2010

Kuyt - I want to stay at Reds

Kuyt - I want to stay at RedsThe managerial uncertainty has since been put to a close, however, and Hodgson's appointment from Fulham appears to have steadied the nerves of the club's star names - who were thought to be heading for the exit.
And Kuyt says he will hold talks with the new boss to discuss their plans for next season, giving the 62-year-old a lift as he looks to mould his team for the new campaign.


 

"Of course I want to stay," said Kuyt."Liverpool is a great club with a great history.
"Unfortunately in my four years I haven't won anything but hopefully in the future, I will still have that chance.
"We will have to see what happens but hopefully the manager wants me to stay.
"I spoke to people at the club and I know he wants to speak with me. But it is very difficult at the moment because we are so busy and focus on what lies ahead."
Holland's exploits have been in stark contrast to Liverpool's this season, with Kuyt helping his team to the cusp of glory in Sunday's final.
Only Spain stand in the way of Oranje winning their first ever World Cup and Kuyt is relieved to be ending the season on a high after a turbulent campaign on Merseyside.
The Reds finished last season in seventh-place, which saw them miss out on Champions League football and added to off-the-field disturbances surrounding the troubled club.
Kuyt says winning the crown would be an ideal antidote to a trophy-less season at Liverpool - revealing his satisfaction at earning his place in Bert van Marwijk's side.
The 29-year-old added: "It is really satisfying to end the season like this. It has been a long and hard season at Liverpool.
"Mentally it has been tough. You play for a club like that to win trophies and it did not happen.
"Thankfully, the Dutch manager gave me a week off after I had finished with Liverpool so I could focus on this tournament.
"That was good for me. Afterwards I trained hard. I fought for my place in the team. I am enjoying myself now and here we are in the final."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bollywood News and Bollywood Gossip | Actors | Actresses | Updates

FIFA.com - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ - Interviews

FIFA.com - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ - Latest Photos

FIFA.com - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ - Latest Videos